Automatic data entry
Edval facilitates data entry with multiple methods of auto-completion of various fields.
- Edval auto-completes many fields automatically (per field or entire rows)
- Natural language parsing. Edval recognises ‘Mon1-2’ as ‘MonA1, MonA2, MonB1, MonB2’ and understands 2daysoff means ‘two days off’ etc
- Multiple auto-pick windows allow easy selection from colour coded groups
- ‘Cycle though’ option allows user to ‘control-arrow’ through valid cell values
- Edval’s intelligent suggestions correct your data automatically. Try to assign a class to a teacher who is not qualified to take it, and Edval will ask you if this teacher should be listed as a valid option for the class. Say yes, and Edval will add this teacher to the options for you automatically!
- When drag assigning a teacher, room or class – Edval will variably grey out choices, so you can immediately see valid, non-valid or preferred assignments
- Extensive automatic error checking makes data entry a breeze. Edval not only tells you exactly what the problem is, but exactly how to fix it. One example of many is “Teacher Brown (BRO) is assigned to class 10Mat1 but does not have enough teaching load available to cover this class. Either go to the F2 screen and increase their load, or go to the F3 class screen and designate an alternate teacher for the class”. If you then visit either of these two screens, you will find Edval is already focused on the entry you need to change.